This was a final screenshot of my grasshopper canvas including all the inputs to create a catenary truss system that could extend, rotate and array. This system is what I baked into my Rhino file to begin creating pavilions for my waterpark.
This is a screenshot from my Rhino document of what was produced from the canvas above. This part of the assignment was fairly straight forward and caused little to no trouble.
The following screenshots are from my final pavilion designs. After creating this truss system in grasshopper, I experimented with the sliders in grasshopper to make the exact truss system I wanted, then I baked these systems into my existing Rhino file and created my three pavilions.
I had many difficulties along the way that I didn’t take screenshots of because most of which were saving and baking issues. I am still unclear about saving GH files because something goes wrong every time I save. Either the files switch from GH to Rhino or they won’t open properly but I have had saving issues every time we have used GH and its very frustrating. Other than that everything is going well and I am becoming more comfortable with Rhino after every assignment.